Monday, July 22, 2013

Thiago's farewell letter!

Thiago Alcántara posted a letter on Twitter in which he bids farewell to the Barcelona fans and sends a message of support to Tito Vilanova.

"I didn't want to end my time at Barça without saying goodbye to you all, as you have always been there for me", the Spanish-Brazilian midfielder wrote on his personal Twitter account, attaching a longer letter along with it, penned in both Catalan and Spanish.

"To all the supporters: leaving the home which has taken care of you for 14 years…A difficult, long-considered, decision. Phases in life come to an end, changes of direction come along. I still have the same enthusiasm for playing football and competing now as I did when I arrived at Barcelona as a child. And that ambition, enthusiasm and the circumstances in this sport have led me to Munich", the player said.

"At Barcelona" - he continues – "I grew as a player and as a person. It sounds like a cliché and is what people say in these circumstances, but it really is the case. I would like to thank everyone at the club, at all levels. Barça and the people there have given me everything, they have helped me grow, mature and learn from both good and bad situations".

The player ended with a message for Tito Vilanova. "And to you Tito, a fighter…like we said to Abi (Éric Abidal): 'Stones in the road? Keep them all, one day you will build a castle.' No-one has any doubt you'll come out ahead".

Thiago signed off with: "A grateful hug and long live Barça!"

No comments:

Post a Comment