Monday, July 22, 2013

Tello: "I'm not listening to any offers"

Cristian Tello has responded to the transfer rumours in the wake of the offers that have been made and stressed that he intends to stay at Barcelona. "My dream is to make it here. I want to stay at Barcelona for as long as I can," he remarked.

The player acknowledged that he is in talks with the club to renew his contract and assured that there will be no problems reaching an agreement: "My agent is holding talks with the club, but I haven't had a chance to speak to him. I know everything is going well, but we'll have to wait and see."

Regarding the competition that he will face this year with the arrival of Neymar, Tello is well aware that he will be hard-pressed to make the starting line-up, but refuses to throw in the towel: "I'm up against one of the best in the world in my position. I hope to play a bigger role with each passing year. This team has the best players in the world. The competition will be extremely tough, but I'm going to work as hard as possible to play games. Hard work will get me there."

Tello also gave his viewpoint on the departure of Thiago Alcántara, whom he wished the best of luck. "The issue with Thiago is his decision, and one that should be respected. I wish him all the luck in the world. He is a great player and maybe he thought he wouldn't get the game time that he needs. I hope things go well for him at Bayern."

No comments:

Post a Comment