Saturday, August 8, 2015

"If Messi is happy and in form, we can win it all"

Ivan Rakitic spoke ahead of next Tuesday's European Super Cup game against his former club Sevilla. It will be the Catalans' next step in winning six trophies in a single year.

"We're really excited. There's nothing better than starting the season with a trophy. We have to put in a great performance".

On split loyalties: "I'm a Sevilla fan, but I won't be on Tuesday. I'll do whatever's best for my club. We want to start the season with a trophy in the bag".

On Messi and Neymar: "They're very important, we're better with them out on the pitch. Messi is the greatest player the game has ever seen. If he's happy and in good form, everything will definitely go more smoothly".

On playing a prominent role: "I like taking on more responsibility. I used to be the Sevilla captain and I captain my country. I like people to have faith in me".

On winning six titles in a year: "We're extremely excited, but we know it's going to be hard. We have every faith in ourselves".

On being without Xavi: "I play in his position but I want to be Ivan Rakitic and make my own mark. I have my own character and style of play, and that isn't going to change".


No comments:

Post a Comment